Thursday, March 25, 2010

New Orleans trip

Okay get ready to be bombarded by pictures of our trip to New Orleans. We went with John on a business trip to New Orleans. It was my first five day trip with the boys. And while Daddy was there he was busy most of the time with meetings. I wish I could have taken some pictures of the chaos I experienced on my first big trip with the two boys. But it is really hard to take pictures when you are juggling two children in a big city. I have to admit that while I look forward to our next trip, i would never want to do our FIRST trip again (there is a major learning curve). Just to give you a glimpse and a laugh at the craziness, here are two stories: On our second day in New Orleans I headed to the aquarium about half a mile from our hotel. I loaded up the double stroller, Bjorn, snacks, diapers etc. It was a chilly morning so we also had hats, jackets etc. Isaac was fussy so I bjourned him (for those of you who don't have kids a bjourn is like a backpack that you wear on your chest and the child rides in it). Grantham was cold and didn't want to walk which surprised me (the next day we realized that his shoes were too small and bought him new ones) so he was riding in the double stroller. Okay on with the point of the story. Isaac on me Grantham in the stroller walking half a mile down the main streets in New Orleans on a Friday afternoon. Everything was going great (I was even thinking maybe I can lose that last 15 pounds of baby fat doing this) when we came to where all the trolleys cross the road. It kind of was like 15 train tracks all in one place on a street. I couldn't figure out how to get the stroller over all the huge tracks. So after a few seconds, I decided to lift up the stroller while holding Isaac on my chest. Needless to say it must have been quit a sight because a homeless man can over to try to "help" me. He kept saying to Grantham "Help your mommy out help your mommy out." Story number 2: Eating breakfast in a hotel buffet style is not easy when you have real plates, glass cups and a baby who can't really sit up without help. Every morning I tried to figure out how to juggle food and drinks for Grantham and myself while holding Isaac. needless to say it took many trips, an awesome son who stayed seated at the table and about an hour each morning. some of the "learning curve" included - Isaac almost falling out of a baby seat he really couldn't sit in, Grantham spilling a plate of food, me juggling two plates two glasses and Isaac all at the same time, Isaac sticking his hands in a lot of our breakfast:) by the end of the trip we had all learned a lot so I can honestly say I am ready for trip number two! Grantham at the aquarium in a sharks mouth
Isaac trying out the new double stroller - if you have two kids and like to travel this sit n stand stroller is a MUST HAVE. I love it and so do both the boys - it allows the younger child to sit or click his carseat into the front and the older child can stand OR sit behind!



Another picture of us before we headed out for the day - Daddy joined us this day so we were able to get a quick picture

Just love this Gerber baby face:)
we went to the insectarium (awesome place if you are ever in new Orleans don't skip it!) Isaac and Daddy in the butterfly exhibit. Not as neat as the one in Indianapolis but a great end to a fun day at the insectarium.
Unsure why the boys both look so BLAH but Daddy is trying a Chocolate chip Cricket cookie

They had an Insect cafe called Bug Appetite. Some of the items on the menu
grantham trying a chocolate covered cricket


grantham also tried a cinnamon sugar mealworm but he ate it so fast I didn't get a picture!
touching a beetle - I was surprised at how brave Grantham was (he also tried to touch a sting ray at the aquarium but he was too short to reach them)
This is what happens when I ask a very active almost four year old to pose - love the face
Just for fun - we do live in Mississippi!
A fake smile after waiting half an hour for Beignets with powdered sugar at Café du Monde. Not a place to go with kids but we wanted Grantham to try one.
Who would loved a fried doughnut with TONS of powdered sugar?
We spent a lot of time in the hotel room just hanging out! Grantham played more with his cars than I had ever seen him do before (thanks Nana for the early birthday gift).

A fun trip with two beautiful boys - oh one more shout out to the hotel we stayed at. If you are ever staying on someone elses budget homewood suites was absolutely wonderful - the staff and people staying there were very friendly, each room has two rooms and a kitchenette, they have a free breakfast and on week nights they provide an evening meal. I highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling with kids!!!

No comments: