Friday, September 19, 2008

Imaginary Play

Today was the first day that I sat back and really watched Grantham create his own “game.” He has mimicked activities that John and I do (kitchen, talking to teddy bears, vacuuming, building train tracks). He has even had imaginary friends for over a year now (it use to be Bob and he would always ask us where he was; now it is the wolves who are sometimes bad and sometimes good when they visit). But I had to smile when I watched Grantham, without any interaction from me, create a track for his “inside” bike, put on a helmet and race to the end of the road. I made the mistake of being the typical adult and told him that I didn’t think his bike would fit on the track, maybe he should instead try his Thomas the train. Time to prove Mommy wrong: Grantham quickly placed his back tire on the track and looked at me like what do you mean it won’t work. These are a few quick pictures I was able to take before the destruction started (if you do not have boys just wait- there is a time for every thing BUT destruction must end all great activities).
The construction
Imaginary Play
The Destruction

No comments: