Saturday, November 29, 2008

Halloween- Better Late than Never :)

I think that is going to be my new life moto "better late than never." I know that many of you who are stay-at-home moms feel the same way. Before I stayed at home, I could get an endless amount of "work" done. But now I am happy if Grantham and I are dressed and the kitchen table has been cleaned off from the last meal:) I have been attending a group called Mom to Mom and so far I love it. It puts a smile on my face each month when one of the moms says something about the endless pile of laundary that needs to be done or never getting "the check list" completed. Last month we talked about things we were thankful for both in the past and at that very moment: one mom said that she was thankful for someplace to be other than home so she had an excuse not to attempt the huge pile of laundary. Don't you have a smile on your face too! In this group we talk a lot about the myths and frustrations we allow the devil to plant within us. I am trying to grasp hold of the idea that each day is God's NOT mine so my check list is just that a check list and not a "I will kill myself and anyone else who gets in the way of me completing my list" list. So right now there is blue tape all over the baseboards of my kitchen (even after 2 weeks) and the face plate for the light switches in the bathroom are still not on the wall (we have lived here for over four months now) because I have not found the time to complete all the painting jobs on my check list. But I have enjoyed having a few friends over, Grantham has mostly stopped hitting, I have been to two stamping/scrapbooking activities and we have had the opportunity to serve as a family, I believe God's list is so much more fulfilling than mine. I pray that I can look back on this blog and remember on the days that I am at my wits end because the list has not been checked off that God has so much greater a plan than we could imagen for our lives.

Okay I have gotten a little off task for this blog post, but going with the theme "better late than never." Here are some fun pictures of Grantham at Halloween. It was his first year to Trick-or-Treat and although we had a terribly pathetic turnout (only fifteen pieces of candy collected) Grantham had a wonderful time. (I ended up being thankful for the lack of candy in the end-after a few days there was no more candy to beg for!) Are you seeing that God's plan is always better than ours? Why do we so easily forget that lesson? Anyway we were in Indiana for Halloween so Grantham got to Trick-or-treat with his cousins. Enjoy the photos!

Grantham loved telling everyone he was going to be a pirate "Ahrrr, Ahoy there matie!"

It wouldn't be Halloween if we didn't all dress up. "Ahrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"



Our first stop . . . we learned to take turns ringing the doorbell. Who knew it was so much fun?

How sweet; it makes me want to have a dozen;)

The whole crew

2 comments:

Jones Family said...

Hey!! Glad to see and hear that all is well with you all! Love the pirate costumes for the whole family!! I'm thankful you're getting involved and settling in there. Before you know it it will be time to move back here!! Have a wonderful holiday season. I'll miss wrapping gifts with you this year!!

Whitledge Family said...

How cute! Ruthy was a pirate too! You have to give me the secret of getting daddy into costume.